Thursday, June 4, 2009

The First Post....

has to be the hardest to write.  I am really hoping it gets easier from here. I feel like I need to explain why I have a blog and not really sure why I feel that way. But if I have to give a reason, I guess it would just be for practice. I need to learn how to put my thoughts into words. God is constantly teaching me new things, but I am not great at explaining those things to others, so I am unable to bless others with what He has taught me. So maybe this will help all of that, and maybe someone will be blessed by something I am going thru. But at the very least you should get a good laugh at my crazy and very random life. 

I should probably explain the title of my blog. I was trying to come up with something that described where God has me right now. I am and have been in a desert period for about 3 yrs now.  God has me working a job that allows very little time for church, family, or christian fellowship.  So He is teaching me how to completely rely on Him for all of the things that the list above can bring.  It is very encouraging to know that He is preparing me for something, but also very easy to get content on just spiritually surviving the desert and not growing. So anytime I think of the word "desert", I am reminded of the song A Horse with No Name, and that is how I titled this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment